Thursday, August 20, 2009

“Without music, life would be an error.” - Friedrich Nietzsche


All alone in the office today. Which means it's quiet. Which means I listen to loud music.

Do you ever get to a point where you start to fall out of love with your iTunes library?

This is a feeling I've been having like, 4 times a week lately. So,  as my favourite co-worker would recommend, I'm going to "quit complaining" and do something about it. Time for some new tunes. I must give myself props for my uncanny ability to find new music sites online that let me try out a few new artists before I commit to a purchase. Commitment is scary. Can I get an amen.

I used to frequent Muxtape for new music. Did any of you ever see that site before it got pulled? (It's back up now but a completely different concept - still very cool - check it out). Anyway, I've found some new sites that are pretty great, so in light of these recently discovered webtreasures, I thought I would share them with you guys, because who doesn't like new music. and wasting time at work finding it. 

Ok. First up- Shown to me by a good bud: The Hype Machine. Awesome site to listen to new and old artists, listen to remixes, spend an afternoon avoiding newsletter design. 

Second! And this one I'm really digging because they just celebrated a One Year Anni, so they've created downloadable free mixtapes (you're welcome): Something For The Ladies.

And third, because "everyone deserves good music": Tunage

K. Check them out. 

And listen to new Radiohead- Harry Patch (In memory of) and These are My Twisted Words here.

Another point for the board, Marc- PE Mixtapes. Once a month. Published on our blog. People can download. 
Thoughts?

TGIFsoon


2 comments:

  1. Yeah, it's a good idea, young Padewan. I think I probably had it first, about a month ago, on my other blog, www.cynovation.blogspot.com.

    Yeah, I plugged it, so what?

    You forgot Spinner.ca for great great great music, much of which is Canadian, and offers a free podcast with video!

    ReplyDelete