Thursday, August 27, 2009

Meet Kevin.

Here's a new little feature we'll have on the PE blog from time to time...An interview with someone who, we think, does/is doing/is planning on doing something interesting.

First up is your new boyfriend Kevin Suess. 
That's him above. In logo form.
Kevin and I met a few years back when I was scouring KW for new artists to feature in (qatalyst) magazine. He is a darling and extremely talented. So commission something already.

PE:  Hi, who are you? Name, Age, Employment if any (blame the recession), Claim to Fame. 
KS: a) My name is Kevin Suess. Hello! 
b) I'm 23 and I'm an illustrator / graphic designer / musician. 
c) I make incredible grilled cheese sandwiches. 

PE:  Are you native to this area?
KS: I've lived in K-W for 23 years which coincidentally, is my whole life.

PE:  What do you do art wise and what are your favourite medias to work in? Creatively.
KS: I suppose I experiment in many styles and themes in art making. I paint and pour and sketch and ink, sometimes overly tidily, sometimes disasterously messily. I use mostly oil, acrylic and charcoal but lately I've been considering getting into encaustic and the mess it will most definitely entail. 

PE: What are your favourite things in/about KW?
KS: I'm crazy about the Boathouse in Victoria Park. I've only played there once but it was amazing. It's a great venue. Artistically, I like that less established artists and musicians like myself are given chances and opportunities to show their talents. Maybe it's not the area, i could just be luck with people I've had the opportunity to meet... but local publications and venues in the past have been very kind and welcoming to me.

PE: If you could have one super power, what would it be?
KS: The ability to accurately generate any statistic I could possibly conceive. How many times have I listened to the blue album in my life? 107. Hmm, no shit. Is that lame? Okay... invisibility. 

PE: As a representative of all the 20somethings in Waterloo, I'm curious to know where you see KW in 15 years?
KS:  In 15 years I see K-W as being essentially the same. Maybe ALL businesses will have automatic doors. Actually, I see K-W as becoming even more of a full on arts community, I think it's already on it's way.

PE: Shamelessly plug your band.
KS: I play in a band with four other awesome gents. Our name is Trap Tiger and we play oddly catchy indie-ish pop? We can't agree on what we are but we jump, shout, clap, dance and sing our little hearts out. You can visit us online at myspace.com/traptiger or visit us in person at one of our shows. We're at the Starlight on the 1st of October. Was that shameless enough? 
For more information on Kevboto, email him here: robotdancefight@hotmail.com
Kevin's artwork will be donning the walls of Jane Bond beginning this fall. Details TBD.





No comments:

Post a Comment